The Day After

Seeing that yesterday was really the last day of our normal university semester, the local party house, Unit 36, held its regular end of term party. It’s the times like last night that you see in movies and TV shows. There were more than 200 people crammed into a townhouse and the backyard. On the menu was Batch and your regular keg beer, brewed here in Waterloo. Batch is basically a mixed drink the engineers here came up with. It doesn’t taste much like alcohol but has a pretty solid kick to it. I downed 8 and a half cups in the course of a little over an hour. To say the least, I was having a good time. Who says you can’t have fun in computer engineering? I went along with a couple friends in my program as well as a few from out residence. It was good times and I�d have to say that was one of the most fun filled parties I’ve been to. It’s great when you’re having a few with your teaching assistants. That’s always gotta be good for the marks or something!

So the party ended at only 9PM, and most of the upper year students went on over to the engineering bar, POETS (Piss On Everything Tomorrow�s Saturday). The guys from our res decided that it would be a prime time to retreat back and lick our (drunken) wounds. But on the way home, we stopped at this Vietnamese restaurant. I didn’t really know what I was doing and supposedly I told them I didn’t want anything to eat. So when I was in the bathroom peeing (I pissed 5 times in the course of like an hour and a half last night. Twice out in the cold against the side of the house. I realized I pissed on the power box by accident) they all ordered without me.

Well, as consolation, they broke a table there. Everyone on one side of the table like kinda passed out at the same time and the whole table just broke. That should teach them. Anyways, I drifted in and out of consciousness (ok, so I’m exaggerating a bit) and we finally made it back to our res. I spent the rest of the night eating chips and stuff. I had physics extra help this morning and I had to be functional in the morning.

So yeah, it was generally a ton of fun. But that’ll be it until after exams are over. I cannot wait until I get to just go home and not have to worry about anything. Last night was nice since I just let loose and forgot all I had to do. It’s okay to take a break every once in a while. Unfortunately, aside from the two hour physics session this morning, I haven’t done any work yet. Exams are only five days away. Uh oh!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *