Rogers’ online customer service system sucks royally. It is the epitome of poor service. Perhaps you thought that could only happen over the phone or in person, but Rogers manages to give you that same terrible service through their online system. It’s really atrocious and paints a terrible corporate image when a paying customer has to go through the frustrating process of accessing the online customer service system. Let’s take my example: I’m trying to pay a bill. Let’s take a look at the steps you need to go through and the things that go wrong along the way.
- I type in rogers.com to get to the Rogers website, but instead of being greeted by the red and white webpage, I get a status 500 Internal Server Error. Not a great start. A couple more tries and I finally land at the proper page.
- I sign in using the little menu system on the right hand side of the page. Oh dear, I’m back at the Internal Server Error again. Maybe this is Rogers’ way of telling me I shouldn’t pay them?
- Probably not eh? I press back and try again. No error this time.
- I’m at my online profile and I go to pay my bill through the appropriate link listed there.
- Oops. Rogers thinks I need to sign in to see that page. Didn’t I sign in already though? The world wonders.
- I try signing again at the dialogue. The system seems to accept my credentials and the page is loading. What’s this now? It returns me back to the login page again, saying my session had timed out. That’s funny; I literally just signed in.
- I’d better try that again. No luck. And again. Nope, session’s still somehow timed out. Again and again. No luck.
So in the end I didn’t end up paying the bill. Looks like I’ll have to try again some other time when the server isn’t feeling so fickle. Taking my
love login then rejecting it. I mean of all things Rogers should fix, it’s their online billing mechanism. I bet more and more people are paying their bills online and having a semi-functional system for accepting online payments is totally unacceptable. I shouldn’t have to beg the system to take my money.
Anyone else having the same problems?