Well, seems like it’s been an ongoing trend without my friends’ blogs, so I thought I may as well put my hopes and aspirations down on ‘paper’ as well. I know I tend to not make resolutions even at New Years because I will more than likely neglect them after a week or two, but I guess I’ll just have to try harder or something. No order of importance, just the order in which they come to mind (which could be a judge of importance I guess).
- I will try my hardest to meet at least one new person everyday during my time at the University of Waterloo.
- I will try to keep up the regular postings here on my blog.
- Try to increase my physical activities. I’ve been doing pushups and crunches everyday now, but I intend to start running. It’s been slightly warm these days but it doesn’t seem to be cooling down so I may just have to bite the bullet.
- I will not spend money on technology unless it is absolutely required (ok, required by my standards…).
- I will keep in touch with the friends I have back on the Island and around the world. I will try to find ways to make this as convenient as possible.
- I will take more pictures. I have a camera; I may as well use it to its full extent. I don’t have enough photos from my life on the Island. I don’t intend for that to happen again.
- I will lead instead of be lead. Independence will be a large part in this and hopefully living away from home will help me in this regard.
- Keep my mind open to new things. Don’t be afraid to try things I’ve not done before. Eat foods I haven’t tasted and listen to things I’ve never heard.
- I will always remember to have fun. Yes I am going to university, but that’s exactly it. I’m not going to a jail or something.
That’s all I’ve got for now. I can always update this as time goes on. Hopefully it’ll be more meaningful than the ritualistic New Year’s resolutions.