Well, so far I’d say the new design has been working out pretty well. My biggest gripes with what I’ve got right now are the comments area as well as the crowded-ness of the sidebar. I wanted to clean up the theme by moving much of the sidebar content to the bottom, but it seems like that big ELA list is still cluttering things up. I’ll probably end up having to create a two pages dedicated to archives and category browsing. For the archives, categories and searches, all that shows up right now is the title and a little bit of info regarding the post. I’m going to look into showing a small excerpt.
Finally, I’m really going to put a push on learning/hacking some AJAX functionality into the theme. I’m specifically looking at search (which I’ll try to get livesearch going for) some sort of on-the-fly functionality for the recent posts module to allow moving back and forward, a la Binary Bonsai. As well, AJAX comments would probably be a nice little addition. That’s all I’ve got on my plate for now.